Why the Research and Education Foundation of the American Head and Neck Society Needs Your Help
- Head and Neck Cancer is relatively uncommon. It does not receive the same public attention nor the funding for research as cancers of the lung, breast, colon, or prostate.
- Young investigators have difficulty competing for limited research funds. Small grants supported by the Foundation can lead to much larger grants supported by the National Institutes of Health.
- We need to help make it financially possible for international surgeons to study in the United States so that they may return to their own countries equipped to provide the best care possible.
- We need to encourage our residents and medical students to pursue careers in Head and Neck Surgery.
- We need to expand our abilities to provide information to health care providers and patients through additional educational programs and the use of the Internet.
All of this costs money. The Foundation welcomes and actively solicits contributions from members of the American Head and Neck Society, from physicians and other individuals, from corporations and foundations, and from grateful patients. You can help by making a donation today. Please make a pledge and help win the fight against Head and Neck Cancer.
For further information, please contact Colleen Elkins, Executive Director, at [email protected].